The data controller within the meaning of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and other national data protection laws of the member states as well as other data protection regulations:
General information on data processing
We only process personal data of our users to the extent that this is necessary to provide a functional website as well as our contents and services. The processing of personal data of our users takes place regularly only after the consent of the user. An exception applies in those cases where prior consent cannot be obtained for actual reasons and the processing of the data is permitted by law.
Insofar as we obtain the consent of the data subject for the processing of personal data, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) serves as the legal basis.
In the processing of personal data required for the performance of a contract to which the data subject is a party, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR serves as the legal basis. This also applies to processing operations that are necessary to carry out pre-contractual measures.
Insofar as the processing of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation to which our company is subject, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. c GDPR serves as the legal basis.
In the event that the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person require the processing of personal data, Article 6(1)(d) GDPR shall serve as the legal basis.
If processing is necessary to safeguard a legitimate interest of our company or a third party and if the interests, fundamental rights and freedoms of the data subject do not outweigh the first-mentioned interest, Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR shall serve as the legal basis for processing.
The personal data of the person concerned will be deleted or blocked as soon as the purpose of storage ceases to apply. Furthermore, data may be stored if this has been provided for by the European or national legislator in EU regulations, laws or other provisions to which the data controller is subject. The data will also be blocked or deleted if a storage period prescribed by the aforementioned standards expires, unless there is a need for further storage of the data for the conclusion or fulfillment of a contract.
Provision of the website and creation of log files
Every time you visit our website, our system automatically collects data and information from the computer system of the calling computer.
The following data is collected:
- Information about the browser type and version used
- The user's operating system
- The user's Internet service provider
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of access
- Websites from which the user's system accesses our website
- Websites accessed by the user's system through our website
The data is also stored in the log files of our system. Not affected by this are the IP addresses of the user or other data that enable the assignment of the data to a user. This data is not stored together with other personal data of the user. The legal basis for the temporary storage of data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
- Language settings
- Log-in information
- Entered search terms
- Frequency of page views
- Use of website functions
The legal basis for the processing of personal data using technically necessary cookies is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. The legal basis for the processing of personal data using cookies for analytical purposes is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR.
We need cookies for the following applications:
- Accepting language settings
- Remembering search terms
The user data collected by technically necessary cookies are not used to create user profiles.
The analysis cookies are used to improve the quality of our website and its content. Through the analysis cookies we learn how the website is used and can thus continuously optimize our offer.
For these purposes, our legitimate interest also lies in the processing of personal data pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The transmission of Flash cookies cannot be prevented via the browser settings, but by changing the Flash Player settings.
Click here to change your tracking settings. Please confirm by click on "Save settings".
To protect the security of your data during transmission, we use state-of-the-art encryption methods (e.g. TLS) via HTTPS.
There are contact forms on our website which can be used for electronic contact. If a user takes advantage of this possibility, the data entered in the input mask will be transmitted to us and stored. This data is:
- Name of the user
- E-mail address of the user
At the time the message is sent, the following data is also stored:
- The IP address of the user
- Date and time of registration
In this context, the data will not be passed on to third parties. The data is used exclusively for processing the conversation.
The legal basis for the processing of data transmitted in the course of sending an e-mail is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. If the e-mail contact aims at the conclusion of a contract, then additional legal basis for the processing is Art. 6 exp. 1 lit. b GDPR.
We process personal data from the input mask only for the treatment of the establishment of contact. In the event of contact by e-mail, this also constitutes the necessary legitimate interest in the processing of the data.
The other personal data processed during the sending process serve to prevent misuse of the contact form and to ensure the security of our information technology systems.
The data will be deleted as soon as it is no longer necessary to achieve the purpose for which they were collected. For the personal data from the input mask of the contact form and those that were sent by e-mail, this is the case when the respective conversation with the user is finished. The conversation is terminated when it can be inferred from the circumstances that the facts in question have been finally clarified.
Web analysis by Matomo (formerly PIWIK)
On our website we use the open source software tool Matomo (formerly PIWIK) to analyze the surfing behavior of our users. The software places a cookie on the user's computer (see above the section on Cookies). If individual pages of our website are accessed, the following data is stored:
- Two bytes of the IP address of the user's calling system
- The quiried website
- The website from which the user has accessed the website (referrer)
- The subpages that are accessed from the accessed website
- Dwell time on the website
- The frequency of visiting the website
The software runs exclusively on the servers of our website. The personal data of users is only stored there. The data will not be passed on to third parties.
The software is set so that the IP addresses are not completely stored, but 2 bytes of the IP address are masked (e.g..: 192.168.xxx.xxx). This way it is no longer possible to assign the shortened IP address to the calling computer.
The legal basis for processing users' personal data is Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR.
The processing of users' personal data enables us to analyze the surfing behavior of our users. We are in a position to compile information about the use of the individual components of our website by evaluating the data obtained. This helps us to continuously improve our website and its user-friendliness. For these purposes, it is also in our legitimate interest to process the data in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1 lit. f GDPR. By anonymising the IP address, users' interest in protecting their personal data is sufficiently taken into account.
The data will be deleted as soon as they are no longer needed for our recording purposes. In our case, this is the case after 90 days.
More information about the privacy settings of the Matomo software can be found under the following link: https://matomo.org/docs/privacy/.
Use of Google Maps
This website uses Google Maps API to display geographical information visually. When using Google Maps, Google also collects, processes and uses data about the use of map functions by visitors. You can find more detailed information about data processing by Google in the Google data protection policy. There you can also change your personal data protection settings in the Data Protection Center.
Embedded YouTube videos
On some of our websites we embed YouTube videos. YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave., San Bruno, CA 94066, USA is the operator of the corresponding plug-ins. When you visit a page with the YouTube plugin, a connection to Youtube servers is established. Youtube will be informed which pages you visit. If you are logged into your Youtube account, Youtube can assign your surfing behavior to you personally. You can prevent this by logging out of your YouTube account beforehand.
If you have deactivated the storage of cookies for the Google Ad program, you will not have to reckon with such cookies when viewing YouTube videos. Youtube also stores non-personal usage information in other cookies. If you want to prevent this, you must block the saving of cookies in your browser.
Further information on data protection at"Youtube" can be found in the provider's data protection declaration at: https://www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy/.
We have integrated the social media buttons of the following companies on our website:
Facebook Inc. (1601 S. California Ave - Palo Alto - CA 94304 - USA); XING AG (Gänsemarkt 43 - 20354 Hamburg - Deutschland); LinkedIn Corporation (2029 Stierlin Court - Mountain View - CA 94043 - USA)
Rights of the data subject
If personal data is processed by you, you are an "affected person" in the sense of GDPR and you have the following rights against the data controller:
Right to information
You can ask the data controller to confirm whether personal data concerning you will be processed by us. If such processing has taken place, you can request the following information from the data controller:
- the purposes for which the personal data is processed to be;
- the categories of personal data being processed;
- the recipients or categories of recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been or are still being disclosed;
- the planned duration of the storage of the personal data concerning you or, if specific information on this is not possible, criteria for determining the storage period;
- the existence of a right to rectification or deletion of personal data concerning you, a right to limitation of processing by the controller or a right to object to such processing;
- the existence of a right of appeal to a supervisory authority;
- any available information on the origin of the data if the personal data is not collected from the data subject;
- the existence of automated decision-making including profiling in accordance with Art. 22 para. 1 and 4 GDPR and - at least in these cases - meaningful information on the logic involved and the scope and intended effects of such processing for the data subject.
You have the right to request information as to whether the personal data concerning you is transferred to a third country or to an international organisation. In this context, you may request to be informed of the appropriate guarantees pursuant to Art. 46 GDPR in connection with the transmission.
Right to correction
You have a right of rectification and/or completion vis-à-vis the data controller if the personal data processed concerning you is incorrect or incomplete. The data controller shall make the correction without delay.
Right to limitation of processing
Under the following conditions, you may request that the processing of personal data concerning you be restricted:
- if you dispute the accuracy of the personal data concerning you for a period that enables the data controller to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- processing is unlawful and you refuse to delete the personal data and instead request that the use of the personal data be restricted;
- the data controller for the data no longer needs the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but you do need them to assert, exercise or defend legal claims, or
- if you have filed an objection to the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and it has not yet been determined whether the legitimate reasons of the data controller outweigh your reasons.
If the processing of personal data concerning you has been restricted, such data may only be processed - apart from being stored - with your consent or for the purpose of asserting, exercising or defending rights or protecting the rights of another natural or legal person or on grounds of an important public interest of the Union or a Member State.
If the processing restriction has been restricted according to the above conditions, you will be informed by the data controller before the restriction is lifted.
Right to deletion
You may request the data controller for the data to delete the personal data relating to you without delay and the data controller is obliged to delete this data without delay if one of the following reasons applies:
- Personal data concerning you is no longer necessary for the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed.
- You revoke your consent, on which the processing was based pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR, and there is no other legal basis for the processing.
- You file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 1 GDPR and there are no overriding legitimate reasons for the processing, or you file an objection against the processing pursuant to Art. 21 para. 2 GDPR.
- The personal data concerning you have been processed unlawfully.
- The deletion of personal data relating to you is necessary to fulfill a legal obligation under Union law or the law of the Member States to which the data controller for the data is subject.
- The personal data concerning you were collected in relation to information society services offered pursuant to Art. 8 para. 1 GDPR.
Information to third parties
If the data controller has made the personal data concerning you public and is obliged to delete it pursuant to Art. 17 para. 1 GDPR, he shall take appropriate measures, including technical measures, taking into account the available technology and the implementation costs, to inform data processors who process the personal data that you as the data subject have requested the deletion of all links to this personal data or of copies or replications of this personal data.
The right to cancellation does not exist insofar as the processing is necessary:
- to exercise freedom of expression and information;
- for the performance of a legal obligation required for processing under the law of the Union or of the Member States to which the controller is subject or for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller;
- for reasons of public interest in the field of public health pursuant to Art. 9 para. 2 lit. h and i and Art. 9 para. 3 GDPR;
- for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or for statistical purposes pursuant to Art. 89 para. 1 GDPR, insofar as the law referred to under a) is likely to make it impossible or seriously impair the attainment of the objectives of such processing, or
- to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
Right to information
If you have exercised your right to have the data controller correct, delete or limit the processing, he/she is obliged to inform all recipients to whom the personal data concerning you have been disclosed of this correction or deletion of the data or restriction on processing, unless this proves impossible or involves a disproportionate effort.
The data controller shall have the right to be informed of such recipients.
Right to data transferability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning you that you have provided to the data controller in a structured, common and machine-readable format. In addition, you have the right to pass this data on to another person in charge without obstruction by the person in charge to whom the personal data was provided, provided that
- processing is based on consent pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. a GDPR or Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a GDPR or on a contract pursuant to Art. 6 para. 1 lit. b GDPR and
- processing is carried out by means of automated methods.
In exercising this right, you also have the right to request that the personal data concerning you be transferred directly from one data controller to another data controller, insofar as this is technically feasible. The freedoms and rights of other persons must not be affected by this.
The right to transferability shall not apply to the processing of personal data necessary for the performance of a task in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority conferred on the controller.
Right of objection
You have the right to object at any time, for reasons arising from your particular situation, to the processing of personal data concerning you under Article 6(1)(e) or (f) of the GDPR; this also applies to profiling based on these provisions.
The data controller no longer processes the personal data concerning you, unless he can prove compelling reasons worthy of protection for the processing, which outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves to assert, exercise or defend legal claims.
If the personal data concerning you is processed for direct marketing purposes, you have the right to object at any time to the processing of the personal data concerning you for the purpose of such advertising; this also applies to profiling, insofar as it is associated with such direct marketing.
If you object to the processing for direct marketing purposes, the personal data concerning you will no longer be processed for these purposes.
You have the possibility to exercise your right of objection in connection with the use of Information Society services by means of automated procedures using technical specifications, notwithstanding Directive 2002/58/EC.
Right to revoke the data protection declaration of consent
You have the right to revoke your data protection declaration of consent at any time. The revocation of consent does not affect the legality of the processing carried out on the basis of the consent until revocation.
Automated decision in individual cases including profiling
You have the right not to be subject to a decision based exclusively on automated processing - including profiling - that has legal effect against you or significantly impairs you in a similar manner. This does not apply if the decision
- is necessary for the conclusion or performance of a contract between you and the data controller,
- the legislation of the Union or of the Member States to which the data controller is subject is admissible and that legislation contains appropriate measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests; or
- with your express consent.
However, these decisions may not be based on special categories of personal data pursuant to Art. 9 para. 1 GDPR, unless Art. 9 para. 2 lit. a or g GDPR applies and appropriate measures have been taken to protect your rights and freedoms and your legitimate interests.
In the cases referred to in (1) and (3), the data controller shall take reasonable measures to safeguard your rights, freedoms and legitimate interests, including at least the right to obtain the intervention of a person by the data controller, to state his own position and to challenge the decision.
Right of appeal to a supervisory authority
Without prejudice to any other administrative or judicial remedy, you have the right of appeal to a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State where you reside, work or suspect of infringement, if you believe that the processing of personal data concerning you is contrary to the GDPR.
The supervisory authority to which the complaint has been lodged shall inform the complainant of the status and results of the complaint, including the possibility of a judicial remedy under Article 78 GDPR.
Questions to the data protection officer of the data controller
If you have any questions about data protection, please send us an e-mail or contact our data protection officer directly:
Phone +49.89.45 23 47 - 0