Integration of the content management system Livingdocs for kicker.de
Project: Migration of the Internet Portal to AWS
- Moving one of Germany’s largest Internet portals from traditional data center operation to the AWS cloud
- Analyzing the existing architecture in detail together with all relevant stakeholders in a first requirements workshop. Developing an architectural proposal and requirements to be met and a proof of concept to prove the concept’s viability
- Developing the cloud-based system platform in a cross-functional team consisting of jambit's Cloud Architects, employees of wetter.com and another supplier of weather data
- Setting up the basic platform and deploying individual applications to it using pipelines. The applications are automatically connected to logging, monitoring and persistence services
- Autoscaling in AWS by implementing the concept of “immutable servers”
- Rolling out new features via blue-green deployments
- Used technologies: Nginx, Varnish, PHP, Jenkins, Packer, Terraform, Elastic-Stack, Cloudwatch, AWS Aurora, MongoDB, Memcached
Through close cooperation with all relevant stakeholders during the entire project, jambit prepared us for operating independently and autonomously.
- Smooth project implementation through upstream proof of concept
- Reducing the project duration estimated by the customer by half thanks to jambit's support
- Significant improvement in stability through the migration project
- Preventing strong load peaks through autoscaling
- Autonomous operation by the customer independent from jambit through close cooperation with the customer team during the entire project period
Looking for a competent partner for your migration project to the cloud?
Contact us now!
* Mandatory field